“Nooooo!” my mind screams.
I attempt to drown out the profuse shrieking with Pandora, runs around my neighborhood, sun soaking on my back porch, work/work & more work and social media scrolling.
No! Not 28.
Yep. That’s right. I’m dreading turning 28.
Why? I have no friggin’ clue really, but I just never wanted to turn the big 2-8. I remember thinking at the ripe old age of 13 that 28 could be the worst age. EVER.
So as I sit here willing tomorrow away, I thought I would get over my apprehension to turn yet another year older by taking a moment to make a list of all the things I’m most thankful for on this year, with the hopes it will turn my frown upside down:
1. A new niece or nephew thanks to Sarah + Tristan!
2. A new industry…and new opportunites….yahooooza!
3. A husband who supports me being me despite my long list of flaws.
4. An amazing and loving family.
5. Seattle. Seattle. Seattle.
6. Opportunities for travel.
7. Friends who are there for me through my ups and downs.
8. My doggie.
9. Working vehicles…stick with us Explorer…just stick with us.
10. An ability to create and be me.
-you can’t see it, but my frown just did a 180. 28 here I come!